Ampicillin is a penicillin antibiotic used for the treatment of different bacterial infections. This drug fights ear and bladder infections, pneumonia, gonorrhea and salmonella. However, it may by also used in the therapy of other diseases.
Use Ampicillin according to the doctor’s prescriptions.
- Take Ampicillin orally with water 30 minutes before or 2 hours after the meal.
- Take the drug regularly (at the same time every day) to achieve the maximum effect.
- To get rid of your infection completely, take the whole course of treatment.
- Don’t stop even if you note significant improvements.
- If you skip the dosagee of Ampicillin, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s already time to take the next dose, skip the missed dose and go take only the scheduled one. Avoid taking double dose at once.Feel free to ask your doctor any questions about the use of Ampicillin and buy Ampicillin online.
Ampicillin is contraindicated for the patients with allergy to the medicine and its ingredients or analogies: antibiotics (for example, amoxicillin, carbenicillin, dicloxacillin, oxacillin, etc.)
Patients with asthma, kidney dysfunction, hemorrhage, blood clotting issues, mono or any kind of allergy must be especially cautious during the treatment.
Women taking contraceptive pills should change them for the other non-hormonal means of contraception, as Ampicillin can make contraceptives ineffective.
Even if you note significant improvement during the treatment with Ampicillin, you shouldn’t stop taking it. It is essential to use Ampicillin for the whole course of treatment until the complete recovery. Common viral infections, such as influenza or cold, can’t be treated with Ampicillin. Avoid sharing your drug with the other patients suffering from similar diseases.
Antibiotics may cause diarrhoea, which may be a symptom of a new infection. If you suffer from watery diarrhoea or diarrhoea with blood in it, seek immediate medical assistance.
If you’re going to purchase Ampicillin online, you should know this is a non-prescription drug. Ampicillin can be found at online pharmacies at a very good price.
Possible adverse effects
The main adverse effects of Ampicillin are: diarrhea, sickness and rash. Inform the doctor if you get rashes and are suffering from mononucleosis, chronic lymphatic leukaemia (CLL) and HIV infection treated with Allopurinol.
Interaction with other drugs
Methotrexate: it increases the level of methotrexate in blood, which may have toxic effects.
Oral contraceptives: Ampicillin may decrease their efficiency.
For that reason, you should take extra contraceptive precautions during the treatment with Ampicillin and for a week after stopping.
The use of Ampicillin with meal may reduce the absorption rate and the concentration of Ampicillin in blood.