Amoxil is an effective broad-spectrum antibiotic that belongs to the group of penicillins. The active substance of the drug is amoxicillin trihydrate (synthetic aminopenicillin).
The microbicidal drug for systemic use is successfully used in the treatment of infections caused by all streptococcal, staphylococcus and pneumococcal infections (its action surpasses ampicillin due to the increased speed of absorption and high blood concentration within 60 – 90 minutes after the drug intake).
Amoxil is resistant to the effect of stomach acid. Therefore, it is absorbed well into the blood if you use the drug of different dosage.
What diseases can be treated with this drug?
The drug can be used only on the doctor’s prescription or you can buy Amoxil online for the treatment of:
- ENT disorders (angina, otitis, sinusitis and tonsillitis, caused by scarlet fever, measles or other pathogens);
- lower respiratory tract infections (chronic bronchitis, lobar pneumonia and bronchopneumonia);
- infectious diseases of abdominal organs (dysentery, salmonellosis, gastritic and stomach ulcer);
- diseases of urinary system and genital organs (pyelonephritis, urethritis, cystitis, chlamydia, gonorrhea and syphilis);
- infections of skin, soft tissues and bones (including osteomyelitis).
How to take the pills?
Adults must take Amoxil in pills (250–500 mg once a day). In case of severe conditions, take up to 1 g at a time. Maximum daily dosage is 6 g.
Take the drug before or after eat with water. Swallow the pill instead of chewing. The intervals between the use must be at least 8 hours.
In case of moderate diseases, take the drug for 5–7 days, while in severe cases the course of therapy is prolonged to 10 days. Take the drug strictly according to the doctor’s prescriptions, even after the disappearance of the symptoms.
Injections of Amoxil
The drug is contraindicated for the patients with hypersensitivity to penicillins. In case of chronic kidney and liver diseases, the drug must be used with caution and under the constant supervision of the doctor who can adjust the dosage.
The use of drug by pregnant and breastfeeding women
Pregnant women shouldn’t use Amoxil, as this drug crosses the placenta to the fetus and may cause undesirable changes in its body.
As the drug can get into the breast milk, the nursing mother must refuse from lactation during the treatment.
The use of Amoxil can cause the following adverse effects:
- allergic reactions (itching, urticaria, eczema, dermatitis, rash on the mucous membranes, skin reddening, vasculitis (inflammation of blood vessels), fever, inflammation of eye mucosa and anaphylactic shock);
- digestive disorders (sickness, vomiting, liquid stool, abdominal pain, dry oral mucosa and lack of appetite);
- CNS dysfunction (insomnia, loss of consciousness, headache, behavioral changes, unreasonable anxiety and cramps);
- liver dysfunction (hepatitis or jaundice);
- the diseases of hemopoietic system (anemia, blood clotting problems, decrease of platelets and white cells in blood, hemorrhage).
The use of Amoxil may cause rash in the patients with mononucleosis.
Before you are going to buy Amoxil online, you need to ensure that you don’t have allergy to penicillin.
Sometimes, the treatment may cause the change in the tooth coloring. Therefore, you should pay special attention to the oral hygiene.
If you combine the anticoagulants and Amoxil, you should control the blood clotting.
Drinking alcohol is forbidden during the treatment, as the drug is toxic to the liver. Avoid combining alcohol with Amoxil, as ethanol can change the pharmacological effects of the drug, reduces its healing effects, increases the risk of developing allergic reaction and doubles the liver toxicity of the medicine (increases the risk of developing toxic hepatitis), causes tachycardia and breathing difficulty. The use of high doses of alcohol during the treatment with antibiotics can cause anaphylactic shock and even be fatal.
The drug doesn’t affect the capacity of driving vehicles.